Thursday, March 12, 2009

Heart And Soul

Okay, so the title's another song, but this time I really don't have any reason to use it. I just felt like it. 'Cause T'Pau is kickass (or at least this song of theirs).

So, the randomest thing just happened. I was listening to the radio, and an Akon song came on. I have nothing against him, I usually just find his voice intensely irritating. But as I was listening to it, it was like, omfg, I have finally reached the point where his voice no longer annoys me to the degree that I feel I need to throw something at my radio just to shut him up. I can now actually enjoy his music.

On a completely different note, I don't know if anyone noticed, but in my sidebar there are links to the YouTube channels I watch. I highly reccomend you go and watch all of them. They're below my blog links.

I finally took down my old poll. I put in a new one asking if peple like the song 'I Don't Like Mondays' by The Boomtown Rats. I love the piano intro on this song. And it's delightfully upbeat, especially considering the subject material. If you don't wanna be lame and answer that you don't know it, look it up on YouTube. Otherwise, you can just be lazy 'cause I put an option for not knowing it.

I better post this without adding any more in, my battery's dieing on my laptop.

Laters,
Joshua.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Tom too, he is funny :)

Lightning Baltimore said...

Don't know the T'Pau song. The one that came to mind for me was the one by Joy Division.

Instincts that can still betray us,
A journey that leads to the sun,
Soulless and bent on destruction,
A struggle between right and wrong
You take my place in the showdown,
I'll observe with a pitiful eye,
I'll humbly ask for forgiveness,
A request well beyond you and I

Heart and soul, one will burn
Heart and soul, one will burn

An abyss that laughs at creation,
A circus complete with all fools,
Foundations that lasted the ages,
Then ripped apart at their roots
Beyond all this good is the terror,
The grip of a mercenary hand,
When savagery turns all good reason,
There's no turning back, no last stand

Heart and soul, one will burn
Heart and soul, one will burn

Existence well what does it matter?
I exist on the best terms I can
The past is now part of my future,
The present is well out of hand
The present is well out of hand

Heart and soul, one will burn
Heart and soul, one will burn
One will burn, one will burn
Heart and soul, one will burn


Cheery, huh?

Even though amongst my generation it's way uncool to like "I Don't Like Mondays," I do anyway.

cvn70 said...

joshua

what is sad is that i remember when she did this. It is distrubing that these type of killings seem to never stop as i noticed the killings in gemany this week

hope things are going well for you buddy. take care and be safe

bob