Thursday, January 22, 2009

Post Inauguration Post

So I watched the Inauguration of Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States of America. How cool was it having Aretha Franklin sing? She is so great, I love her voice.

Okay, so I wanna talk a little bit about abortion. This is a response to a comment on Mirrorboy's blog. It was about The Freedom of Choice Bill. I do think that people should have the option to abort, but I agree with restricting late term abortions. However I don't think parents of minors should have to be informed if it is being done for the reasons referred to as therapeutic. Also, if late term abortions are disallowed, then a foetus is not being harmed.
I disagree with conception being deemed the start of life. At conception, there is only the single-cell organism. It isn't even an embryo. It has the potential to be a human, but only in the same way a seed has the potential to be a plant. Under the right conditions it could possibly become a plant, but it is not an actual plant.

Anywho, I'm bored.

Laters,
Joshua.

1 comment:

Lightning Baltimore said...

To me, life begins more when the fetus can survive on its own, outside of the mother. Until that point, it's a fetus with potential.

If you take conception as the beginning, then some forms of birth control become abortions.

If abortion is re-criminalized and conception declared the beginning of life, women who have miscarriages could be tried and convicted of murdering their babies.

Not a pretty picture . . .