So here's some of the "highlights" of the year.
- Sir Edmund Hillary, first guy to climb Mt. Everest, Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire, Knight of the Order of the Garter, and the guy on the NZ$5 note died.
- The fabulously talented Yves Saint Laurent died of brain cancer. If you don't know who he was, don't ask.
- I had a nervous breakdown and left school at the end of term 1. I have talked to one of my "friends" in person since. And one over the internet. Term 1 ends about half way through April for those people that don't live in NZ.
- New Zealand got bored with our government and decided that having a right wing government would be a good idea.
- Barack Obama became President-Elect of the USA. I don't have a problem with the fact that he's black. I just don't think his policies are going to change a lot. And hate me for saying it if you want (most people will), I think he partially got voted in because he's black. It's great that the USA finally feels they have enough "racial equality" to have a black president. I just think it doesn't bode well for the gay "community" that the majority of minority voters, voters that all voted for Obama, voted yes on Prop. 8. I'm more relieved McCain didn't get in than excited that Obama did.
- Speaking of Prop. 8, it passed, rendering all gay marriages in the State of California void.
- Soaring petrol prices and plummeting economies were both features of the year.
Oh, and Mirrorboy, you may get New Years earlier than most of the world, but NZ is like 2hrs ahead of Australia, so suck it lol. BTW, your cats rock. But what I love about your blog is reading about you.
Also while I remember, a belated joyous yuletide/(insert holiday here). I was too lazy to do a Christmas post so I'm counting this one as it. The only present I got that I'm going to put in this post though was my present to myself. An amazing black leather Guess by Marciano wallet that I couldn't really afford. Especially cause I have to pay for my newest lot of contacts.
Anywho, Laters peeps.
Joshua.
3 comments:
DAMN YOU NEW ZEALAND!!
hahaha
Your information on Obama is inaccurate. He has a long track record of being very gay friendly.
He's very smart and I think we just have to give him time. He is not only smart, but strategic.
http://www.hrcbackstory.org/2009/01/official-white-house-website-outlines-lgbt-platform.html
LGBT issues on official White House website. He also has LGBT folks in his administration.
steevo in cali
Steevo, I wasn't saying he isn't gay friendly. And I never claim to have any kind of accuracy. But what I said about minorities, I took from several articles on Google News at the time. I understand that more recent examination of results show that information to be inaccurate, but at the time of publishing all information showed that I was accurate.
Post a Comment