Firstly, didn't the ridiculously cute and super awesome blog-superstar Mirrorboy start off one heck of a discussion with his latest post on religion? It's already up to 40 comments (as I write this sentence), and I'm sure there's far more to come.
So, reading Mirrorboy's post (and the multitude of comments) has inspired me to post a bit on my personal beliefs and ideas about that kind of stuff.
(2 hours later)
Okay, I was going to, but I have the attention span of a gnat and got sidetracked by msn, so you'll just get some core beliefs of mine in a short form.
I tend to be egalitarian.
I used to be left-winged in my politics, but I have come to the conclusion that the centre is the better place to be. I'm not sitting on the fence, I just think there should be balance between the two.
Okay, that's all I'm writing about that for now.
Oh, you've probably already followed someone else's link to check them out, but I've recently added coming out (on the net) by AJ (but not the sexy one from AJ's Rambling's. Not that he's not sexy, I have no idea lol. Just saying he's a different one) and Beneath An Orange Sky by Joe (I'm loving the correct use of 'an' here) to my link list. If you haven't checked them out already, go do it.
Happy Birthday to Mirrorboy for Friday in case I don't post again before then. May your special day be full of cute boys with great hair. :P
Laters,
Joshua.
3 comments:
Yeah, Joshua, must have been s/thing in the air the other day,me included. Anyway, I am pretty contrary to M-boys opinions. Propz Pilgrim
Yes- it was a nice discussion, and one that Im sure MBoy knew was going to be popular.
It's a testament to the human condition I think. Other topics people don't care about as much, and probably for good reason. However, it seems that rationality, consistency, etc. goes out the window when we try to reconcile what we see vs what we want to see. Hey I'd love to have a nice warm fuzzy feeling to know that when my last neuron's stopped firing, my 'personality' (i.e. me) would go somewhere else and it wouldn't just be 'nothingness'. But I cannot bring myself to be so intellectually dishonest. Us by every way we can measure and define is some emergent behavior from a complex network of neurons in our brain. It need not be any more complex than that. But the unfortunate consequence of this realization is that we are not special. We are not going to 'live forever' as much as our primitive, naive emotions would like us to believe. And that is scary, and depressing, and doesn't make for compelling social motivation.
Much Love,
Steve
Joshua
wel from m view point you are moving the right way in you politics :P
take care and be safe
bob
Post a Comment